Vision & Values
Together we grow to be the best that God created us to be.
(Rooted in John 13:34 Love one another as God loves us.)
At Holy Trinity School children develop independence and a spirit of togetherness that is built on a warm, caring ethos and Christian values. All children and staff are treated equally, irrespective of race, culture, beliefs, gender, age or disability.
Our philosophy is to care for and educate each child as an individual, building upon their strengths and talents and giving extra support where necessary so that they can experience life in all its fullness. (John 10:10) We encourage close links with parents and members of the school community, believing that a partnership between parents, school and church is the best way to ensure that each child achieves the most they can.
“Pupils’ social, moral, spiritual and cultural development is outstanding. The strong links with the neighbouring church help foster pupils’ development”. (Ofsted 2013)
We aim for all children to respect themselves, others and their communities and to take pride in all that they do.
‘Treat people in the same way that you want them to treat you.’ Luke 6:31
We aim for all children to understand what it means to be kind and show kindness and compassion to others.
Be kind, compassionate and forgiving to each other, in the same way God forgave you in Christ. (Ephesians 4:32)
We aim for all children to understand the importance of honesty, using the language of making good and bad choices.
Each of you must tell the truth to your neighbour because we are part of each other in the same body.
We aim for all children to understand what it means to forgive and be forgiven.
If you forgive others their sins your heavenly Father will also forgive you. (Matthew 6:14)
We aim for all children to understand and show what it means to be responsible, becoming independent and role models to others by always doing the right things even when no one is looking.
Whatever you do, do it from the heart for the Lord and not for people. (Colossians 3:23)
Our Mission Statement
At Holy Trinity Infant School all children come first and all children succeed. We are on an adventure of learning, loving and laughing together, in a nurturing environment which holds Christian values at its heart.
In order to fulfil our mission we have identified the following aims
- to provide an atmosphere that is happy, stimulating, safe and welcoming
- to foster positive attitudes to learning so that children can develop enquiring minds
- to provide a broad and balanced curriculum that engages learners, raises standards and includes opportunities for children’s spiritual, emotional, physical, moral and social development
- to enable children to use and apply learned skills that foster independence
- to provide an interactive and exciting learning environment
- to provide high quality teaching and learning experiences
- to provide equality of opportunity so that each child can develop to the best of their physical and intellectual ability, regardless of gender, race, culture and religion
- to feel able to take risks, make mistakes, and learn from them
- to support the development of self esteem and self confidence so that every child can feel accepted and valued
- to foster warm partnerships between parents, governors, school, the church and other agencies
- to encourage children to show respect for the feelings of others within school, in the local community and the global community beyond
Our Ethos Statement
Recognising its historic foundation, the school will preserve and develop its religious character in accordance with the principles of the Church of England, and in partnership with the Church at Parish and Diocesan level.
The school aims to serve its community by providing an education of the highest quality within the context of Christian belief and practice. It encourages an understanding of the meaning and significance of faith, and promotes Christian values through the experience it offers to its pupils, while welcoming families of different or no faith.